This week we bring you some quick and cost-effective tips to freshen up your property. Whether you’re about to buy, sell or need to spruce up your rental, a few simple tricks can add appeal.
– Replace worn doormats. Approximate cost: £5, Making a good first impression: priceless!
– Mould remover spray and grout pens give tired bathrooms an immediate uplift. Also replace any worn or broken plugs to instantly brighten a bath or sink area.
– Wallpaper one wall – creating a feature wall is quicker and less expensive than doing a whole room. It’s a good way of modernising an outdated space by choosing a bold, on-trend print.
– Small lounge? A clever designer tip is to add a lamp in front of a mirror to help the room seem brighter and larger. Alternatively position a mirror to face a window, creating the illusion of more space.
– Kitchens – the heart of the home and can be a real deal breaker. Painting cabinets and replacing worktops, taps or handles is a low-cost approach to upgrade a kitchen in need of TLC. (The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors suggests a nice kitchen can add up to 4% to a property’s value.)
Tweet us @ShapeProp with your favourite ‘shoestring’ tips and your ‘before’ and ‘after’ pics using #shapediy. We’ll be sure to share our favourites!